Kinetica Omega-3 is a highly concentrated essential fatty acid sourced from fish oil. Each 2000mg softgel provides EPA and DHA which are vital for a healthy heart, good circulation and supple joints.
EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) are both long chain fatty acids. The richest source of EPA and DHA is cold water fish. The human body can also produce them from alpha-linoleic acid (ALA), which is available from vegetarian sources like Flax seed. But recent studies suggest that the conversion rate is relatively low, falling short of the amount needed to be beneficial.
EPA and DHA are incorporated into cell membranes. While EPA is present in a variety of tissues, DHA is particularly concentrated in the brain and the retina. Clinical studies indicate that omega-3 supplementation may be supportive for the improvement of brain activity during aging.
EPA is a precursor of a special class of tissue hormones called eicosanoids (best known being the prostaglandins). These play a major part in the regulation of metabolic processes and inflammatory reactions.
Recent studies have also shown that essential fatty acids can direct glucose (from digested carbohydrates) towards glycogen storage while at the same time directing other fatty acids in the body away from triglyceride synthesis (fat storage) and towards fatty acid oxidation. In simple terms, essential fatty acids appear to conserve carbohydrates while simultaneously burning fat.
- Take 2 Softgels per day.
- Swallow with water
Suitability / Allergen Information
- Contains Fish.
- Manufactured on equipment wich processes products containing Nuts, Milk, Shellfish, Fish and Soya.
- 2000 mg of long-chain Omega-3 fatty acids.
- 1000 mg of EPA per 2 softgel serving.
- 500mg of DHA per 2 softgel serving.
- Delivers essential Fatty Acids.
- Helps maintain heart health and may improve mental performance.
Container Size: 90 Softgels
Serving Size: 2 Softgels
Servings Per Container: 45
Amounts Per Serving
- Total Omega-3 fatty acids: 2000 mg
- of which EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid): 1000 mg
- of which DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid): 500 mg
Coldwater Fish Oil, Capsule Shell (Bovine Gelatin, Humectant (Glycerol), Purified Water).